Sunday, August 12, 2012


My opportunities for exhibiting paintings aren't too often these days, but I got the chance to put up paintings at the Bluegrass on the Harpeth Festival in July. I got my paints out and painted a fellow artist doing portraits. Then I did a pastel of a young man. Not only was this all very stimulating, but I was also pleasantly surprised to sell a painting to a lady from Vermont. "Golden Sunset" (6"x8") was painted from Pull Tight Hill, a spot near my home. The day that I painted the picture, I realized when I got to my painting spot that I had forgotten my palette. So, I made do with a piece of cardboard and used a palette knife for most of the painting. It was a good enough painting to impress a collector! So, the lesson here is to be flexible in your circumstances and let the creativity flow.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice painting. That palette knife gives it such energy!

    ReplyDelete